12.12.2011

Welcome to the 2011 Nursery Reveal Extravaganza!!!

Okay, I had to give the post quite the name because A) people usually "reveal" their nurseries BEFORE they have their baby and B) I took the nursery pictures with my iphone, so I need to really build it up or else you might look at the crappy pictures and be like, "Wow. I clicked the link on facebook for THIS?"

Well, you might still be let down, but at least the post has a hell of a name.

ANYWAY, I'm not too domestic, but I got down and dirty with this nursery people. Obvs I didn't know what I was having prior to birth, and the trouble with gender neutral nurseries is that unless you like pale green and yellow, you're shit out of luck.

Then I discovered pinterest. So between that and etsy, I was able to scrounge up enough plagiarized ideas inspiration to put something together.

A while back I did a post about my ailments (BIG surprise!) but at the end I put pictures up of a nursery that I wanted to try to somewhat replicate for about $15 dollars.

So, maybe I didn't do it in $15 bucks, but I will say I had a lot of help and I'm definitely pleased with how it came together. So, without further ado...























A few things:

I made the AK, MT, and Hawaii framed art. (The words in between the big text are names of towns within each state.) I found the Alaska one on etsy, loved it, decided to take that idea and role with it. I made one for HI and MT, as Paul and I met in AK, married in HI, and live in MT. Get it??? Since we don't really know much about our son yet (other than that he's the coolest kid EVER) we decided to make a nursery about US. I mean WHY NOT. The cool Alaska state wood carving was an anniversary gift from my friend Lauren. Love it!

My bff Angie screen printed the "Very Sleepy" art. Thanks again, Ang!

My MOM bought the awesome rug for me on Ebay, and the curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Jackie, my step-mom, got the the cute chenille chair...from...get this...WALMART online. I may or may not have led her DIRECTLY to the chair that I wanted. I was bummed that it came from Wally world but it was the one I like best out of ALL OF THE CHAIRS ON THE INTERNETS and I felt a little bit better when it arrived with a huge MADE IN AMERICA sticker on it. So there you go.

I bought the crib linens on etsy, with the exception of the cute monogrammed pillow cover that Godmother #1's mom made for me (thanks Cathy!). I need to get a better pic of that to show it off more.

The decal of the birch trees came from etsy too...and since I was an English teacher, and I hale from English majors (my Dad was even an English Prof.), I went with the Robert Frost quote. My Dad would be all having a fit because it's actually "So was I once" rather than "So I was once"...yes, I screwed that up when ordering it, but hey, I could have kept in the "IT IS" at the beginning of the quote that the vendor so kindly included in the decal (as I said in the email, "Can we change the quote? I'd like a quote from Robert Frost. It is: 'So I was once...'"...yeah, thanks vendor...that was fun to cut out of the quote because they aren't hard enough to put AS IT IS.) A HUGE thanks to Amy for helping me put up that bad boy.

The quilt on the chair was a gift to Paul from one of the parents of his wrestling kids when he coached wrestling up in AK. Paul wanted to hang it on our living room wall when we first moved in. Dodged a HUGE bullet there, and it looks perfect draped over the chair. (What IS IT with dudes and wanting to hang blankets on walls???)

Other details in the room were pretty much all gifted (like the Semisi sign on the children's wardrobe...thanks Erin!). Ohhhh, and the crib I bought second hand (thanks for the awesome deal Shane!), the children's wardrobe was my late Grandmother's, and the changing table I bought at a garage sale for $12...it was an ugly blond wood and my mom and I stripped it and painted it one afternoon this last summer.

We're so blessed. What I actually spent probably came to around $350. What do y'all think?

Actually, if you don't like it, don't tell me. Just shower it with compliments please. My ego cannot take it.

And please quit proofreading my posts (SHELLEY E., I know you're doing this without even meaning to). My ego can't take that either.

15 comments:

  1. It's seriously perfect! Those pictures are rad and sentimental. Your little guy is hella lucky. Yes, hella lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. God. This thing is absolutely adorable! The very sleepy print had me ACTUALLY laughing out loud, I adore the state prints (can't believe you made them! I need to learn this!) and the whole rest of it looks seriously designer-ed. I'm wicked impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room! He will love it. I think you might be getting an idea where the statement "it takes a village" comes in...whether decorating a room or sharing time with you son or sharing helpful parenting tips thkrouigh the years. I know I sure needed your mom as part of my village for my children.
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! He will love it. I think you might be getting an idea where the statement "it takes a village" comes in...whether decorating a room or sharing time with you son or sharing helpful parenting tips thkrouigh the years. I know I sure needed your mom as part of my village for my children.
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Nice work. If I ever create spawn, I will prolly entrust you with this task! (and we adent even very close - no worries... I will have said spawns dad pay cor it!) Additionally, I hope you pinned all these pictures on pinterest so everyone knows how amazing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!! You did such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is totally awesome and totally perfect. I especially love the state artwork..and even more that YOU did them! I might be hiring you out someday! p.s. get better SOON

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that nursery.

    Did I proofread something and actually post about it? In public?!? On YOUR BLOG?!!? What a hag I am. I'm so sorry. I'll never do that again. When did I do that? I can't believe I did that. Did I really? I'm dying of shame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, y'all!

    @Shelley - OMG you totally didn't do it. I just thought you were like me and probably secretly proofread everything. I judge people for poor grammar. I do. I can't help it.

    I married an ESL person to get over that. It's getting better. It was like a chronic condition before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the AK, HI, and MT signs! BEST. EVER. Love it! Love it!!

    I love everything! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prettу section of cοntеnt. I just stumbled upon уοur weblοg
    and in accession capital tο assert thаt І get actuаlly enjoуeԁ
    aсcount уοur blog pοsts. Αnyωay I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

    Also visit my site - paid chat

    ReplyDelete
  13. When Ι originally left a commеnt Ι aрpear to have clicked the -Notifу me when new cοmments are added- checkbox and frоm
    noω on еvery tіmе a comment is added I recieve 4 emails wіth the exact same comment.

    Perhаps therе is a means you cаn remove me
    from that service? Cheers!

    Mу web blog Omegle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have rеad so many contеnt regarԁing thе blogger loverѕ but thіѕ
    aгtiсle is truly a рleаsant pоѕt, keeρ it up.



    Also visit mу blog: Social Network

    ReplyDelete
  15. I gоt this site from my buddy who told me on the tοpic of this wеb ρаgе and аt thе moment this timе I
    am visiting thіs sіte аnd reading very informаtive content at thiѕ time.


    mу web site :: Premature Ejaculation treatment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...